I help startups and scaleups build great technology teams and software products.
Passionate about finding the perfect solutions to complex problems. I believe good code is like good poetry - elegant, succinct, and with it's own unique beauty.
After working with several high growth technology startups I decided to start a consultancy practice focused on providing services normally provided by a full time CTO but on a more flexible, as needed basis.
Over the years I've had the privilege of writing web, desktop and mobile software used in on-line marketplaces; cryptocurrency trading; virtual reality; procedural content generation; video games; web mapping; bioinformatics; securities trading; and business process automation.
My services include:
- Vetting, Hiring, and Training of full time development staff
- Leadership of local and international teams
- External review (Technology, Scalability, Best Practices, Staffing)
- Technology Team Process Improvement & Roadmapping
- Strategy / planning sessions
- Implementation plan preparation
- Contract development
- Mentoring and one on one conversations with development staff
- Sourcing of appropriate staff or consultants
This includes helping companies vet and manage candidates appropriate for their level of scale, mentoring, advisory services, system design, product design and any other function that would ordinarily be handled by an in house CTO.
I have been building software products since childhood and building great software engineering teams for most of my professional life. Whilst my passion is for start ups and scale ups, I can also help larger companies encourage innovation within their teams.
Over this time I have helped many technology companies succeed, at many levels including as a software engineer; full stack developer; software engineering team lead; CTO; technology consultant and business advisor